Call For Workshop Proposals (passed)
SenSys is a highly selective, single-track forum for research on systems issues of networked sensing and actuation, broadly defined. This conference provides an ideal venue to address research challenges facing the design, development, deployment, use, and fundamental limits of these systems. Sensing and actuation systems require contributions from many fields, from wireless communication and networking, embedded systems and hardware, energy harvesting and management, distributed systems and algorithms, data management, and applications, and welcome cross-disciplinary work. The previous twelve SenSys conferences were very successful, with strong refereed paper presentations, demonstrations, poster sessions, and workshops.
Workshops will be held on Sunday, Nov 1, 2015, a day before the main SenSys program starts. The ideal workshop proposal will focus on an innovative and emerging topic that is of strategic and long-term interest to the SenSys community. It will be able to attract a number of interesting and high-quality contributions that spark active discussions in an informal setting and inspire new research ideas. Also, as highlighted in the call for the SenSys main program, we will encourage workshops that focus on novel applications and diversity of ideas, as opposed to more incremental contributions to mature systems.
The proposal should be no longer than three pages, and should clearly provide the following information:
- name of workshop
- names, affiliations, and short bio of main organizers/program chairs
- A brief description of the workshop (theme of the workshop, technical issues that the workshop will address, and the reasons why the workshop is of interest at this time)
- names of potential program committee members
- expected number of submissions and participants
- planned format of the workshop
- brief description of the publicity plan.
- tentative call for papers with workshop deadlines(aligned with the relevant Important Dates below)
The proposal should also specify if it will be a full-day or half-day workshop, and any logistical needs (demos/audio/video projection, etc). If the workshop has been held before, also include its history (number of submissions, number of accepted papers, and number of attendees).
Please send proposals in PDF format to both workshop co-chairs, Youngki Lee and Marco Gruteser, including "SenSys 2015 Workshops" in the subject line. Submissions must be received by the deadline below.
- Proposal Submission Deadline 30 April, 2015 (midnight EST)
- Notification of Acceptance 15 May, 2015
- SenSys 2015 Workshops: 1 Nov, 2015