The early registration option for conferences and workshops will be available until October 13, 2018.
Registration fees are as follows (all prices are in USD):
|Conference||Level||Early (Ends on
|Regular (Begins on
|SenSys + BuildSys|
|SenSys + Workshop|
|BuildSys + Workshop|
Registration for the SenSys covers: Admission to all paper sessions and keynote talks for the SenSys conference Conference breakfasts, lunches, and coffee breaks 1 ticket to Welcome Reception 1 ticket to Conference Banquet.
Registration for the SenSys + BuildSys covers: Admission to all paper sessions and keynote talks for the SenSys and BuildSys conferences Admission to the workshop program on 4th Nov Conference and workshop breakfasts, lunches, and coffee breaks 1 ticket to Welcome Reception 1 ticket to Conference Banquet.
Registration for the BuildSys covers: Admission to all paper sessions and keynote talks for the BuildSys conference Conference breakfasts, lunches, and coffee breaks 1 ticket to Welcome Reception.
Registration for the Workshop + SenSys covers: Admission to all paper sessions and keynote talks for the SenSys conference Admission to the workshop program on 4th Nov Conference and workshop breakfasts, lunches, and coffee breaks 1 ticket to Welcome Reception 1 ticket to Conference Banquet.
Registration for the Workshop + BuildSys covers: Admission to all paper sessions and keynote talks for the BuildSys conference Admission to the workshop program on 4th Nov Conference and workshop breakfasts, lunches, and coffee breaks 1 ticket to Welcome Reception.
Registration for the Workshop covers: Admission to the workshop program on 4th Nov Workshop breakfasts, lunches, and coffee breaks.
Student Travel Grants for US-based Institutions
Sponsored by the U.S. National Science Foundation
A limited number of student travel grants are available for students from US-based institutions to attend ACM SenSys 2018 or its affiliated conference/workshop/events. Women and minorities will receive the highest priority with research interests in wireless sensor networks and sensor-enabled smart systems.
- Application deadline: September 27, 2018, 11:59pm Eastern Time
- Notification of acceptance: October 1, 2018
The support is intended to partially cover the costs of attending the conference. The costs include conference registration, transportation, lodging, and meals. Students receiving travel awards may be expected to volunteer at SenSys 2018. Such volunteer tasks will not interfere with attendance at the conference sessions. Selection for the student travel grants will be in accordance with the following guidelines:
- The applicant must be a current student at a recognized US institution of higher education.
- The applicant’s field of study must be related to SenSys topics.
- Priority will be given to female and under-represented students, as well as students pursuing their graduate studies in minority serving institutions, such as historically African-American Universities, Hispanic serving institutions, Tribal colleges, and Universities, and institutions that serve Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders and persons with disabilities.
- Student authors and presenters who do not have the financial support to attend the conference.
- Students from under-represented states and institutions are specifically encouraged to apply.
- Consideration will be given to other applicants falling outside the above categories, but they need to demonstrate a well-justified financial need.
HOW TO APPLY
1. The student applicant must fill up the application form here (link).
2. The student should request her academic/research advisor to send an email to email@example.com with the subject "ACM SenSys Travel Award Support Letter" and no more than a few sentence response to each question below (bullet point response appreciated for each question below in your letter):
- a. Name of the student applicant and degree program enrolled this semester.
- b. Does the student belong to a group that is under-represented in STEM? If yes, describe.
- c. Is your institution a minority-serving or an under-represented institution or in an under-represented state? If yes, describe.
- d. If the student is presenting a paper, did the paper result from a funded project? If yes, please state the title of the paper and the source of funding.
- e. If the student receives this travel award, will you or your institution cover the costs that exceed the award?
- f. Do you strongly support the application from this student for this travel award? Please provide any statements in support of this application.
Successful applicants will receive an award letter by e-mail together with instructions on how to receive partial refunds, which will be issued to the person or institution that covered the expenses. Note that the student’s institution or advisor is expected to cover the remaining expenses for the travel if the NSF budget does not completely cover it.
N2Women Young Researcher Fellowship awards
N2Women is pleased to announce the continuation of our N2Women Young Researcher Fellowship awards. N2Women considers you a young researcher if you are currently a student, working as a post-doc, or in the 1st or 2nd year of your new research career.These awards will partially cover a young researcher's travel cost (up to $1000) to a meeting where an N2Women event will be held. In exchange, the young researcher must help organize the N2Women meeting. The benefit of doing the organization, in addition to the travel funds, is for the young researcher to connect with the organizers of the conference who are, typically, leaders in the research field. We will arrange for a faculty or research member of N2Women to assist/mentor the young researcher in this task.
Support for these N2Women Young Researcher Fellowship awards has been generously provided by ACM SIGMOBILE, ACM SIGCOMM, IEEE Communications Society, and IEEE Computer Society (CS) Technical Committee on Computer Communications (TCCC).
To apply for a fellowship or for more information, please see: http://committees.comsoc.org/n2women/ and click the Fellowships link.
The deadline for applications for SenSys is ***Aug 28th, 2018***. Acceptance notification is 2 weeks after the application deadline.