The ACM Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems (SenSys 2018) is the premier computer systems conference focused on the architecture, design, implementation, and performance of networked sensing systems, sensor-oriented data modeling and analytics, in addition to sensor-enabled applications. ACM SenSys brings together academic, industry, and government professionals to a single-track, highly selective forum, that takes a broad view on the areas of computing that are relevant to the future of sensor systems. Topics of interests include, but are not limited to, the following:
- New platforms and hardware designs for networked sensor systems.
- Systems software, including operating systems and network stacks
- Low power operation, energy harvesting, and energy management
- Applications, and deployment experiences (such as, smart cities, wellness and healthcare sensing, and industrial process monitoring)
- Resource-efficient machine learning for embedded and mobile platforms
- Wireless media access control, network, and transport-layer protocol designs
- New communication paradigms for ubiquitous connectivity
- Innovations in learning algorithms and models for sensor perception and understanding
- Mobile and pervasive systems, including personal wearable devices, drones and robots
- Sensing, actuation, and control
- System services such as time and location estimation
- Data management and analytics, including quality, integrity, and trustworthiness
- Learning, adaptation, and autonomy in cyber-physical systems
- Heterogeneous collaborative sensing, including human-robot sensor systems
- Fault-tolerance, reliability, and verification
- Security and privacy in sensor-enabled applications and systems
We invite technical papers describing original ideas, ground-breaking results, and real-world experiences involving innovative sensor systems. Successful submissions will explain why the topic is relevant to a vision of the future of sensing systems. Submissions will be judged on originality, significance, clarity, relevance, and correctness. In addition to citing relevant, published work, authors must cite and relate their submissions to relevant prior publications of their own. Ethical approval for experiments with human subjects should be demonstrated as part of the submission. This year up to a limit of eighteen best papers in the ACM SenSys proceedings will be selected into the ACM Transactions on Sensor Networks with minor revision, upon authors' agreement.
- Paper Registration and Abstract: April 1, 2018, 11:59PM GMT.
- Paper Submission Deadline: April 8, 2018, 11:59PM GMT.
- Notification of Paper Acceptance: July 20, 2018, 11:59PM GMT.
- Paper Acceptance Notification: 20th July 2018 GMT.
- Camera-Ready Deadline: 20th Sept 2018 GMT. Note: These are hard deadlines. No extension will be granted.
Submissions must be full papers, at most 12 single-spaced 8.5” x 11” pages, including figures and tables, but excluding references, two-column format, using 10-point type on 11-point (tight single-spaced) leading, with a maximum text block of 7” wide x 9” deep with an inter column spacing of .25”. Submissions may include as many pages as needed for references. Authors must make a good faith effort to anonymize their submissions. Papers that do not meet the size, formatting, and anonymization requirements will not be reviewed. We require each to be in Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF) and submitted through the conference submission system. Accepted submissions will be available on the ACM digital library at least one week before the conference.