Call for Nominations
The ACM SenSys Test of Time Award (ToTA) Committee calls for nominations and self-nominations of the 2017 version of the award. The ToTA was established by the SenSys Steering Committee in 2014 to recognize papers that are at least 10 years old and have had long lasting impact on networked embedded sensing system science and engineering.
In 2017, all papers that were published in or before SenSys 2007, and that have not already received a SenSys ToTA, are eligible for consideration. The award committee and awardees over the years can be found on the Test of Time Award page: http://sensys.acm.org/tot/.
The award will be determined based on academic, industry, and/or societal impacts of the paper(s), and nominations should highlight them:
- Academic Impact, such as papers that discovered or derived significantly new scientific and human knowledge, that opened or closed research problems or areas, that motivated substantial follow on research, that generated growing interest over time, or that influenced the education of young researchers and practitioners.
- Industrial Impact, such as papers that changed how practical systems are architected or implemented, influenced industrial standards, transferred to novel engineering practice, or contributed to the success and adoption of real products.
- Societal Impact, such as papers that described novel applications or prototypes that delivered significant social value, changed how people interact with each other or with their surroundings, or contributed to the sustainability of humans and environments.
Please send nominations to Jie Liu (email@example.com) and include: (1) paper title, (2) author list, (3) year published, and (4) a short paragraph justifying the nomination. The nomination deadline is October 10, 2017. The Test of Time Award will be announced at SenSys 2017 in Delft, The Netherlands.
ACM SenSys ToTA 2017 Committee
- Jie Liu, Microsoft (Chair)
- Prabal Dutta, UC Berkeley
- Kay Roemer, TU Graz, Austria